White Out

We have had a record breaking amount of snow over the past 36 hours. The roads have just been plowed and now I have even less hope of digging my truck out of the 3 foot snow bank which is our driveway. Somehow being trapped at home is nice and soothing to me. There's nothing pulling me away from home, and being a homebody that's fine by me.

The impending birth of our baby (3 more weeks?) has put me in a state of excitation to meet her. It has also made me frantic to juice my brain for lucrative ideas for my Etsy store. The problem is having ideas that are somehow cohesive so that my shop doesn't turn into a haven of schizo all over the place creations. I've recently restructured my categories and now have only four: Made with Soft, Made with Wool, Made with Fabric, and Made with Odd. I think that encompasses everything. The soft category has all the cutesy stuff, the wool plushes are my favorite, the fabric category is somewhat nebulous to me so far, and odd I am excited to add more pieces to. So what I hope to do is add some more functional items to the array.

I realize that good ideas don't necessarily sell themselves either, although it would be awesome if they did. My marketing skills are lacking at best. Well, with all this time to be snowed in I'll be trying out some of my fancy new ideas and see how they go!

No comments:

Post a Comment