I Love You Fabric Cards Debut


I love you! O yes I do. And so I'll give you this weird little love note which is actually pretty darn cool if you ask me. The shabby patchwork note cards are an idea that took me a while to materialize. Kind of missed the Valentine's day market but O well. Soon customizable fabric notes and envelopes to follow. I like being a little bit wild with the sewing machine.

As always this project took me longer to complete than I expected. Instead of a nice short half hour which is reasonable, it took me an entire hour to do one 5x7 card. I don't think I was dawdling either.

So now there are ideas sprung into my head of large scale mixed media projects to do around my house. My couch needs a piece of artwork over it and I'm thinking a neighborhood of funky houses in a pattern inspired by my aerial descent over Phoenix last year. I'll use fabric, acrylic paint, and paper. This project will start when I have some free time (never?).

On the upside all the pieces I am submitting to Stampington's Stuffed magazine are sewn and ready to go. Hooray! Deadline number one met.

1 comment:

Felicia said...

It's lovely! Your new blog is looking great :)

Post a Comment